- 5 uncooked bratwursts, pierced all over with a fork
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles of beer
- 10 strips uncooked bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chili sauce such as Heinz chili sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Chives for serving, optional
- Mustard for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place bratwurst in a large pot or deep pan. Pour the beer over the brats and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the bratwursts are cooked through and no longer pink inside, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the bratwursts from the pot, let cool, and then cut into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- One at a time, wrap a brat bite in a half slice of bacon and secure it in place with a toothpick*. Place the wrapped bratwurst on a baking sheet and repeat for the remaining bratwurst pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce and brown sugar. Brush the bratwurst bites generously with the mixture.
- Bake until the bacon is cooked and the glaze caramelizes fully, about 20 minutes. Serve with chives and mustard if desired.
* To prevent the toothpicks from burning, you can opt to soak them in water for 20 minutes to an hour before using.