(Part of the Super Bowl Theme Thursday Series)
If you read the Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins post, you already know that I have a tendency to let my mind create some pretty intense recipes. This is one of them.
What were originally going to be your typical Jalapeno Poppers turned into these. I wanted them to be baked and crunchy, so I decided to use panko instead of regular bread crumbs.
AAAAND, I decided that I’d just make EVERYTHING in this series with buffalo chicken because I had so much Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken.
And then I decided that there should somehow be beer involved… but it just wasn’t working for the coating. So I drank it instead. I recommend this step, but I suppose your poppers will survive if you skip it.
And this is what I wound up with: jalapenos stuffed with Buffalo Chicken Dip, all served in a crunchy coating. Yum. Extra yum, even.
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Buffalo Chicken Dip (click to open recipe in a new tab)
- Wearing gloves, slice down one side of each jalapeno. Then slice again just below the stem, perpendicular to the original slice to create a "T".
- Pry open the "T" shaped incisions just enough to scoop out the insides.
- Using a paring knife, remove ALL of the seeds and membranes.
- Scoop your Buffalo Chicken Dip into a freezer bag, seal, and cut a hole in the bottom corner to create a piping bag.
- Pipe the Buffalo Chicken Dip into each pepper.
- Place filled peppers in the freezer for 40 minutes
- After 40 minutes, remove the peppers from the freezer. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the flour to another bowl, and add the panko to a third.
- Dredge each filled pepper in flour, then dip into the eggs, and then into the panko, coating well. If necessary, you can repeat this step to better cover the pepper.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and place the coated peppers on. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Don't over-bake, or the filling will ooze out!
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!