(Part of the Super Bowl Theme Thursday Series)
Before you go all crazy telling me what a great idea this is, let me apologize. I did not make this recipe up. I saw this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread from Bev Cooks on Pinterest, and knew I had to try it out for myself, with a few adaptations to suit my tastes and make it easier.
This is basically buffalo chicken pizza in a loaf… a loaf of bread you can pull apart and eat. And share. Or not.
If you’re hosting a Super Bowl party, you should definitely share this, though. Don’t make everyone else sick with envy. That’s just cruel.
I will warn you that the inside stays just a bit doughy due to the moisture in the buffalo chicken, so you have to make sure to cook it until the top begins to brown. Those crunchy parts taste good, too. Don’t worry.
You can make a million variations of this recipe, so feel free to switch it up. Maybe you want to make pull apart herbed butter bread, or pull apart garlic bread, or maybe even jalapeno cheddar bread. The possibilities are endless.
- 3 tubes Pillsbury Recipe Creations Seamless Dough
- 1½ cups Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken (click to open recipe in a new tab)
- ½ cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll each tube of Pillsbury dough and cut each into 8 even rectangles (slicing once lengthwise and three times along the width).
- Using a spoon, spread a thin layer the Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken on each rectangle. Don't overdo it, or the bread will not cook on the inside.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with cheese and scallions.
- Use a spatula to stack the rectangles in fours.
- Spray a mini loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and prop it up vertically by placing something behind it. I used a can of soup.
- Stack all of the buffalo chicken rectangles into your baking dish. Push down lightly on the tops of the stacks as you add more.
- Sit the pan horizontally (the way it should be, normally) and sprinkle with extra cheese and scallions, if you'd like.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until top begins to brown.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in the pan before removing and serving.
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!