- 1/4 cup charred cherries (see note), stemmed, pitted, and halved, plus additional cherries to garnish
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Club soda, to top, optional
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Ice, to serve
- In a cup, muddle the cherries with the simple syrup. Add ice and pour over the whiskey and lemon juice. Top with club soda, if desired. Garnish with mint and cherries and serve.
- Alternatively, you can multiply the ingredients and strain the cherry and simple syrup mixture into a pitcher. Add ice, whiskey, lemon juice, and club soda and serve.
To char the cherries, you can either cook them in a hot dry skillet or on a grill pan over medium-high heat until blackened in spots and slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes.