Cheesy? Check. Flavorful? Check. Ranch-ified? Check, check, check. Great Game Day or party appetizer? … Well, you get the idea.
If you’re anything like my boyfriend, then you practically bleed Ranch dressing. The man has an abnormal obsession with Ranch, and turns giddy when it’s mentioned. Same goes for cheez-its, although I have to say that I share that affinity. In fact, I’d say the majority of the time we’re eating, it’s cheez-its, anything with a side of– or doused in– Ranch dressing, or (almost forgot to mention) tacos. Sometimes we get fancy with our meals, but let’s be honest, a good 75% of the time, it’s just not necessary. Don’t judge us.
So when I was trying to think of good finger-foods to put together for Sunday football, I decided to take all of our favorite snack flavors and combine them into one awesome appetizer… or disaster, I suppose, since I had no idea if it’d actually all come together OK. Luckily, the former was the case, and we scarfed these down before halftime.
James’ team lost, but at least these Cheesy Fiesta Ranch Chicken Bites were real winners. No, you didn’t like that one? They’ll score touchdowns with your tastebuds! That one didn’t even get a chuckle? Oh well, I tried. I’m off my game today… OK I really give up. The point is, these are balls of shredded chicken with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, ranch dressing, cheez-its, and butter. There’s really nothing else to say about them. They’re obviously delicious.
Loaded up with cheese, ranch, and taco seasoning, these cheez-it crusted chicken bites will have your whole party begging for your recipe.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (or 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed cheez its (breadcrumb consistency)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, green onion, and taco seasoning to a large bowl. Mix until well-combined.
- Add the flour, eggs, and cheez its to three separate shallow bowls. Take the chicken mixture and roll into 2 inch balls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, then the cheez-its.
- Place each ball on a prepared baking sheet and drizzle lightly with melted butter. Bake 15 minutes. Then turn the balls over and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with additional ranch.
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!