I had initially planned on sharing a different recipe with you today, but when I remembered that I still haven’t posted about these bad boys, I changed my mind pretty quickly.
I really love Houlihan’s Stuffed Shrooms, so I wanted to make something similar, but with the added bonus of crab cake. I didn’t fry these like they do at Houlihan’s because, admittedly, I am seriously lacking in the deep-frying skills department. However, these stuffed mushrooms are still awesome without all of that extra oil and hassle.
As if the flavors from garlic cream cheese and crab cake weren’t enough, I made a horseradish dipping sauce to give them just a little more of a kick. You can use the horseradish dipping sauce for a ton of your appetizers, though, not just these mushrooms.
Yum. I hope you like these as much as I did. Let me know in the comments!
Garlic Cream Cheese and Crab Cake come together in these delicious stuffed mushrooms.
- 18 button or cremini mushrooms, scrubbed clean, stems separated from the caps
- Paprika, for topping
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
For the Garlic Cream Cheese Filling:
- ½ package (or 4 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
For the Crab Cake Topping:
- ¼ lb crabmeat, picked clean of shells
- 6 Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Horseradish Dip:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Green onions, for topping
- Mix together all of the Horseradish Dip ingredients except for the green onions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all Garlic Cream Cheese Filling ingredients.
- In another bowl, add crabmeat, Ritz Cracker crumbs, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using a spoon, fill the mushroom caps about ¾ of the way with the cream cheese mixture. Then, top each mushroom cap with about a tablespoon of the crab cake mixture.
- Place all of the stuffed mushrooms in a greased baking pan and pour the melted butter evenly over all of them. Sprinkle the tops with paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crab cake topping has become golden-brown.
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!