- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, plus more to garnish
- Juice of 8 fresh limes, plus
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, 1/2 cup of Thai basil, and 1/2 cup of water, stirring until fully dissolved. Heat for 3 minutes, and then remove from heat. Let steep for 15 minutes. Remove the basil leaves and discard, if desired.
- Squeeze the lime juice into a tall glass container. Mix in the sugar syrup. Add in 1 quart of ice cold water. Garnish glasses with lime wedges and additional basil. Mix, pour, and enjoy!
To get the most juice out of your limes, roll them on the table before slicing and using them. Rolling on a hard surface first releases more of the juices!