- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 small red onion, rougly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chipotles from 1 can chipotles in adobo, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Process all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until well combined and just a few chunks remain. Season with salt, to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.