- 12 tomatillos, husked and rinsed well to remove stickiness
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, plus more to top
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the broiler and place the tomatillos, peppers, and garlic cloves on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet under the broiler and roast everything until soft and blackened in spots, about 5-8 minutes per side. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Once cooled, remove the stems and seeds from the chiles and the paper from the garlic cloves. Place everything into the food processor or blender, including the juices on the baking sheet, and blend until well combined. If the salsa is too thick, add up to 1/4 cup of water and season with salt, to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and garnish with additional cilantro.