- 4 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, cut into thin wedges
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks, plus more to serve
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup whisky
- 1 (750ml) bottle white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup warm caramel
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar
- Ginger ale, to top
- Fresh mint leaves and star anise to garnish, optional
- Fill a large pitcher with the sliced fruit. Top with the whole cinnamon sticks, and then pour over the apple cider, whisky, and wine.
- Stir the mixture until well-combined and refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerating for at least 2 hours will allow the flavors time to marry.
- Before serving, dip the rim of each glass in the caramel and then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Pour the sangria 3/4 of the way up the glass and top with ginger ale. Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks, mint leaves, and star anise, if desired. Serve.