- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2″ thick and cut into small chunks
- ½ cup flour
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups Thai sweet chili garlic sauce
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and mix in salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a second shallow bowl, mix the 3 eggs with a tablespoon of water.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the panko bread crumbs and plain bread crumbs.
- Pour the sweet chili garlic sauce into a fourth bowl.
- Flip the chicken pieces in the flour until lightly coated. Then, dip them in the egg, making sure to coat all over. Allow excess egg to drip off. Press the chicken pieces in the bread crumb mixture and pat the mixture on top, pressing gently to make sure the breadcrumbs adhere all over the chicken pieces. Lastly, dip the chicken in the sauce, shake off excess, and set on a foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until all of the chicken has been breaded and coated.
- Sprinkle all of the chicken bites with the sesame seeds.
- Spray the chicken pieces lightly with cooking spray (this will help them get crispy).
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until crispy, gently tossing half-way through.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, to garnish.