- 2 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, or as needed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil leaves, parmesan cheese, garlic and pine nuts. Process until very finely minced.
- With the food processor still running, slowly stream in the olive oil and continue to process until well-combined to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir once more to combine.