Footballs. Potato Skins. Buffalo Chicken. Could there possibly be a recipe MORE PERFECT for the Super Bowl? Tips for making buffalo skins crispy taken from this ehow article.
- 4 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix
- 2–3 cups Buffalo Chicken Dip (click link to open recipe in new tab)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- Brush potatoes liberally with canola oil.
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour.
- Let the potatoes cool for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut each potato in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the majority of the potato with a spoon, leaving a layer above the skin.
- Generously brush the potato skins with oil again. Place in the oven, skin-side up, for another 5 minutes. Then flip, brush with oil, and place in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and fill them with the Buffalo Chicken Dip, using a spoon to smooth the dip inside of the skin. Place in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- As you wait for the skins to bake, mix your sour cream and dry ranch powder in a bowl. Spoon into a freezer bag, seal, and cut a small hole in the bottom corner to create a decorating bag.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven for the last time. Let cool for 10 minutes, and pipe on football details. Serve warm!
- Category: Appetizer