Happy New Year’s Eve! As you get ready for the big ball drop tonight, try out this easy cocktail recipe on our first official Mixology Monday. Blood Orange Slush Mimosas are great and super simple to make for your New Year’s Eve party. Enjoy, and start off 2013 the right way!
This slushy, citrusy, refreshing drink is a new favorite of mine. I’ve never been huge on the traditional mimosa (gasp!) but these are just… a million times better. Maybe even a billion times better.
If you’ve never tried a blood orange before, by the way, this is the time. The blood orange tastes like an orange, of course, but has less sourness and a slight berry-ish flavor to it. Delicious. I have been searching for blood oranges months (and months and months) because I tried a Blood Orange Margarita at the Fall Festival and fell in love. I’ll be sharing the Blood Orange Margarita recipe with you soon, too, so look forward to that!
One great thing about Winter is the abundance of blood oranges. Make these elegant and delicious cocktails using this simple recipe to impress your guests for your next celebration!
- 12 blood oranges (or 4 cups blood orange juice)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 750ml bottles champagne
- Combine blood orange juice, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and freeze.
- Stir mixture with a fork every 30 minutes for 3 hours, making sure to break up large chunks. Then cover with plastic wrap until you’re ready to serve.
- Add 1/2 cup slush mixture to each glass and top off with champagne.
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!