For the Blueberry Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus more to garnish
For the Pineapple Margarita:
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup white or silver tequila, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup blueberry simple syrup
- Kosher salt, for rimming
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- To start, make the blueberry simple syrup. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and water and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add in the blueberries and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the blueberries have let off their juices and are easily mashed with a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Strain out the solids and reserve the syrup. Refrigerate until cooled and ready to use.
- Dip the rims of your glasses into the lime juice and then into the kosher salt, turning to coat. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, tequila, and remaining lime juice, and stir well to combine. Place blueberries and ice in each glass and fill 3/4 of the glass with the pineapple mixture. Slowly pour 1-2 tablespoons of the blueberry simple syrup down the inside of each glass, allowing it to settle on the bottom slightly to create the gradient. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
If you like spice with your margarita, add a bit of jalapeno in while you make your blueberry simple syrup!