- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon zest, to top
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately put the green beans in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and toast until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the almonds for burning. Remove the almonds from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Melt the butter and then add in the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter turns light brown and gives off a nutty aroma, about 3-5 minutes. Add the beans back to the pan and saute until coated in butter and warmed through, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Transfer to a plate to serve, and top with lemon zest, parmesan cheese, and the toasted almonds.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins