- 4 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- Canola oil
- 1 lb prime rib, thinly sliced and chopped into small pieces (or you can use sliced beef round)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Green bell pepper and/or mushrooms, sliced, OPTIONAL*
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 oz creamy havarti cheese
- I recommend serving with a mixture of sriracha and ketchup*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- Brush potatoes liberally with canola oil.
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour.
- Let the potatoes cool for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut each potato in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the majority of the potato with a spoon, leaving a layer above the skin.
- Generously brush the potato skins with oil again. Place in the oven, skin-side up, for another 5 minutes. Then flip, brush with oil, and place in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, make the steak.
- Heat griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Saute the onions in olive oil until soft and translucent
- Add the steak and saute until cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and fill them with the steak. Top with some of the havarti and then tear up the provolone and place on top. Heat the broiler to low.
- Place the filled potato skins under the broiler for a minute, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with your choice of dip.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins