- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury flaky grands)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, half of the parsley, 1 tablespoon of the minced garlic, half of the Parmesan cheese, and the salt and pepper. Mix until well-combined.
- Scoop the meatball mixture into small balls– about 1 1/2 tablespoons each– and press a cube mozzarella into the center. Seal the meat tightly and evenly around the cheese. Place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Cook the meatballs in the oven until just browned, about 6-8 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and let the meatballs sit until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, open the refrigerated biscuits. Split the biscuits in half horizontally by carefully peeling apart the layers, to create a total of 32 biscuit dough rounds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a small bowl in the center. Arrange the biscuit-wrapped meatballs snuggly around the bowl. Remove the bowl and bake until lightly golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, and remaining garlic. Brush generously over the biscuits. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the meatball bombs with the remaining parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired. Place a small bowl of marinara sauce in the center for dipping. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins