For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the Cilantro Lime Rice or Quinoa:
- 1 cup dried quinoa or rice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of ½ lime
- Zest of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Warm Bean and Corn Salsa:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
For the Chipotle Pesto:
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Cheese, such as queso fresco
- In a large bowl, combine all of the chicken marinade ingredients and toss to coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Pulse all of the Chipotle pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot of rice or quinoa according to the package directions. Toss in the chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Set side.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the bean and corn salsa ingredients. Cook until the corn begins to brown, and then remove from heat. Pour the salsa into a bowl and set aside.
- With the skillet still warm, add in the marinated chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Cut up the chicken pieces and assemble the burrito bowl in layers, complete with your desired toppings.
- Mix together and enjoy!