- 20 littleneck clams
- 30 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 large sea scallops
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed, cleaned, cut into fourths
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, sliced and seeds removed (optional)
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more to serve
- 1 lime, juiced and zested, plus wedges to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat the grill on high or preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut 4 18×12″ sheets of heavy-duty foil.
- Divide the clams, shrimp, scallops, corn, cherry tomatoes, jalapeno, and chorizo among the sheets of foil, piling onto the center of the foil. Sprinkle each seafood pile with garlic, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Top each with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Using a microplane, zest a bit of lime over each packet.
- To seal the packets, bring up the two sides until the edges meet, centered over the seafood. Roll or fold the foil down together to seal, leaving a bit of space for the heat and steam to collect and circulate. Then roll up the remaining sides. Your packets should be completely sealed.
- Reduce the grill heat to medium and place the packets on the grill. Grill, covered, for 20 minutes, or until your clams have opened, shrimp is pink, scallops are white, and chorizo is cooked through. If using the oven, cook in the oven for the same duration. Turn once halfway through.
- Serve with extra cilantro, lime wedges, and bread for dipping.
* I cooked my shrimp with the shells on and peeled them as I ate, but if that freaks you out, just peel the shrimp before cooking.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins