- 6 ounces (about 6 slices) bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems, finely chopped, divided, plus whole parsley leaves for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each) minced clams, juice drained and reserved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Crackers, crostini, chips, and/or celery, to serve
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring, until crisp and fat has rendered, about 7 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate to cool. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of rendered bacon fat. Return pan to heat.
- Sprinkle panko breadcrumbs over hot bacon grease and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes. Scrape into bowl to cool.
- Crumble bacon. Add half of crumbled bacon and 2 tablespoons parsley to breadcrumbs; toss to combine. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mash cream cheese with fork and mix in sour cream until well-combined. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved clam juice and juice of 1 lemon. Stir in minced clams, garlic, scallions, red pepper flakes, remaining bacon, and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl and top with panko mixture. Top with a few whole leaves of parsley, to garnish, and serve with crackers, crostini, chips, and/or celery, for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins