The Coco Pina Margarita is similar in flavor to the Pina Colada, but with a stronger coconut presence and with tequila instead of rum. It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo or a sunny day spent outside!
- 2 cups ice
- ¾ cup cream of coconut
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 shot triple sec
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice, plus 2 tablespoons more for rimming
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the flaked coconut with the kosher salt and pour it onto a nonstick baking sheet. Spread the coconut salt mixture out to allow it to evenly toast.
- Place in the oven and stir every 2 minutes until the mixture is a light golden brown color, approximately 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour 2 tablespoons lime juice onto a shallow dish, wide enough in the center area to fit the rim of your glass. Crumble the toasted coconut and place it on another shallow dish.
- Dip the rims of your glasses in the lime juice, turning each glass to ensure that the entire rim has been well coated. Then, do the same in the coconut mixture. Use your fingers to push the coconut toward the rim if necessary to help more coconut stick.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender and pulse until the mixture is smooth. Pour into the prepared glass and garnish with pineapple and/or lime wedges. Serve immediately.
- Category: Cocktail