- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup oil, divided
- 3 cups day-old cornbread, crumbled into large chunks
- 6 ounces assorted mini tomatoes
- 1 ear cooked sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed small
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter begins to foam, add in the jalapeño. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter is browned and nutty-smelling, but not burned, about 2-3 more minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a large container.
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar, lime juice, honey, and 2 tablespoons of the oil until well combined and thickened. Set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat with the 2 remaining tablespoons of oil. Add in the cornbread, tomatoes, and corn. Cook stirring occasionally, until the cornbread is toasted and the tomatoes pop and begin to release their juice. Mix in the cheddar cheese and toss until melted into the cornbread crumbles. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the avocado, green onion, cilantro, and browned butter vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.