Adapted from MyRecipes
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Olive oil spray
- 8 ounces fettuccine or pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed and pat dry
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Fresh basil and / or parsley, to top
- French bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Toss the garlic with kosher salt in a small bowl. Pour the garlic mixture onto the prepared pan and bake until caramelized, about 15-20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- As the garlic cooks, prepare the shrimp. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until just pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes total, flipping halfway through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the cream, chicken broth, parmesan cheese, white wine, and capers. Cook, stirring, until the parmesan has melted into the sauce. Add in the caramelized garlic, lemon juice, paprika, crushed red pepper, and spinach and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the cooked shrimp and pasta. Stir and continue to cook until heated through. Serve warm, topped with basil and parsley, with french bread, for dipping.