For the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken:
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup honey BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
For the Pineapple Slaw:
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/4 medium green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Spray a crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and sriracha in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover with the pineapple juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, shred with 2 forks in the sauce and toss. Let it absorb the sauce for another 30 minutes and then serve with the slaw on the flour tortillas and with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese!