For the Dutch Baby:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley and/or tarragon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the toppings:
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce (recipe below)
- 4 ounces burrata cheese, cut into large rounds
- 1/2 pound thick asparagus, shaved
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 2–3 large eggs
- Radish sprouts or microgreens, to garnish
For the Pesto:
- 2 cups packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- To begin, make the pesto. If using store-bought, skip this step. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the 1/2 cup of olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Mix in the parmesan cheese and kosher salt, to taste. Stream in more olive oil, if necessary, until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Whisk wet ingredients into dry until just combined, then stir in the fresh herbs.
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Allow it to cook until it begins to brown just slightly. Swirl the skillet so that it’s coated with the butter and pour the batter into the pan. Allow it to sit for a minute, then transfer it to the oven to bake.
- Bake the Dutch Baby until it’s extremely puffy and golden, about 20-25 minutes. Remove the Dutch Baby from the oven, allow it to fall, and top it with 1/3 cup of the pesto. Layer the burrata cheese on top and then cover the Dutch Baby with the shaved asparagus and pancetta. Separate space in the asparagus and pancetta to create nests for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the nests and gently return the Dutch Baby to the oven. Bake until the whites have set, or the eggs are cooked to your desired consistency, about 15 minutes or so.
- Serve warm topped with radish sprouts or microgreens.