Naysayers believe that you shouldn’t make Italian food for a romantic dinner, but I will most definitely risk some serious garlic breath on Valentine’s Day for a batch of these heart-shaped garlic knots.
Along with spaghetti, meatballs, and homemade marinara sauce, these easy-to-make garlic knot hearts are the finishing touch for a perfect plate. I would know, I made them for my boyfriend, and I wound up eating the majority myself before I even set them out for dinner. I’m not even the tiniest bit ashamed to admit that.
These heart-shaped garlic knots will make an easy, tasty, and adorable addition to any romantic meal.
- 2 tubes Pillsbury breadstick dough
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll in both sides of each breadstick until there is just an inch or so of space between them. Bring the rolled sides together to form the top of the heart. Pinch the excess on the bottom to create a V, or the point of the heart.
- Place knots on a baking sheet, making sure to give them ample space bake.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until they reach a pale golden color.
- While the knots are baking, make the Parmesan-garlic coating.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the olive oil, butter, and garlic.
- Add the chopped parsley, stir, and remove from the heat. Set aside. When the coating has cooled slightly, mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- After removing the knots from the oven, place them in a large, seal-able container and pour over the the Parmesan-garlic coating. Seal the container and shake for about 15 seconds to fully coat the knots. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Italian