- 3 1/2 pounds assorted fresh tomatoes
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 full garlic head, separated and peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (reserve some for topping)
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth, or to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- To serve: Burrata, crusty bread, and balsamic reduction OR a warm grilled cheese sandwich
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add tomatoes, onions, and garlic to a dutch oven or casserole dish. Drizzle generously with olive oil and roast 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned.
- Use a stick blender, or carefully transfer all ingredients into a countertop blender. Add the tomato paste and basil and blend until smooth.
- Add honey, broth, and heavy cream as desired. Blend again, and return to heat if necessary to warm.
- Scoop warm soup into bowls and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve with grilled cheese, or fresh burrata, crusty bread, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: tomato, tomato soup, roasted tomato