For the Salad:
- 4-5 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 6 oz bag baby spinach
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup walnuts
For the Warm Bacon Vinaigrette:
- 5 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Combine all of the salad ingredients. Toss well, set aside.
- In a high-walled pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon from the heat, crumble, and set aside. Reserve a tablespoon's worth of the bacon drippings.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. When combined, whisk in the water and vinegar.
- Pour the dressing mixture back into the pan with the reserved bacon drippings, and add the crumbled bacon back in.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves completely and the salad dressing thickens slightly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins