- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for greasing the skillet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, buttermilk, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and oil.
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, and whisk to combine. The batter should stay slightly lumpy so be sure not to overmix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Butter or oil the griddle or baking. Pour out 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake and spread into a circle.
Cook each pancake until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
Serve warm with butter, nuts, and syrup, if desired. *
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins