- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet (1 oz) French Onion Soup mix
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons water or milk
- 3/4 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, to brush
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, soup mix, baking powder and sugar. Add in the sour cream, the water (or milk), the gruyere, and half of the chives. Mix until incorporated, making sure not to over-mix.
- Drop the biscuit batter by 1/4 cup at a time onto the lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake 16-20 minutes, until golden brown and baked through.
- Mix the melted butter and remaining chopped chives in a small bowl. Brush the biscuits with the butter and chives and serve immediately.