- 16 ounces swirly short cut pasta such as gemelli or radiatori
- 1 English cucumber, sliced and cut into half moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil + 2 tablespoons oil from the jar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile combine the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, chickpeas, and feta cheese in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta and set aside to cool.
- As the pasta cools, add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and red pepper flakes to a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until thinned to your desired consistency, up to 6 tablespoons. Blend in the sun-dried tomato oil from the jar. Season generously with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Toss the cooled pasta into the bowl with the mixed salad ingredients. Pour over the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette and toss once more to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve at room temperature.