- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel camembert cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Grilled crostini or crackers, to serve
- Preheat the grill to low heat.
- As the grill warms, prepare the strawberries. Remove the tops and then cut the strawberries in half, lengthwise. Quarter any especially large berries. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries, sugar, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper, and toss well to combine. Let sit to macerate for 30 minutes.
- Coat the outside of the camembert with cooking spray. Place cheese directly on the grill and cook, covered, 5 minutes or until grill-marked. Flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Gently transfer the camembert to a plate and spoon the berry mixture on top. Serve warm with grilled crostini or crackers.