These fries are grilled to the perfect texture and then seasoned with simple spices that make them out of this world. They are also healthier and easier to make than traditional fries and are perfect for any BBQ!
- 1 head garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 teaspoons paprika or smoked paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh herbs, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Cut the top off of the head of garlic to expose the cloves. Place the garlic head on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle the exposed cloves of garlic with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and wrap in the foil. Grill until tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes into wedges and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together half of the paprika, and the cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Grill the potato wedges until cooked through and grill-marked, about 8-10 minutes per side. Toss the grilled potato wedge fries with the spices.
- Before serving, squeeze the roasted garlic into a medium-sized bowl with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining paprika. Mix well and serve the roasted garlic aioli and grilled wedge fries with fresh herbs.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins