- 4 whole pitas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Seasonings, as desired (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut one pita into 8 triangles. Then separate the two sides of each triangle to create 16 individual pita chips. Repeat with the remaining pitas.
- Place the pitas on the lined baking sheet. Brush or spray the pitas with olive oil. Turn over and oil the opposite side.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, as desired, or other seasonings. (See note.)
- Bake until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve or store in an air-tight container.
- Sea Salt. Top with sea salt only before baking. You can optionally sprinkle with fresh parsley after baking for color.
- Za’atar Seasoned. Use premade za’atar seasoning blend, or feel free to make it yourself. I tend to use a roughly equal combo of toasted sesame seeds, dried thyme, dried oregano, sumac, and cumin, plus a bit of sea salt, to taste.
- Garlic & Herb. Sprinkle with garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Cinnamon Sugar. Cinnamon and granulated sugar are all you need. Add a pinch of salt if you want a sweet and salty combo.