- 6 ounces milk chocolate melts, chocolate chips, or chopped bar chocolate
- 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix
- Mini marshmallows
- 2 ounces dark chocolate melts or dark chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling
- Additional fillings and toppings, as desired
- Microwave the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again, i 15 second intervals, sitrring inbetween, until the chocolate is melted. Alternatively, melt using a double boiler on the stovetop.
- Using the back of a spoon or a pastry brush, fully coat the inside of a half-sphere mold with chocolate. Transfer to the freezer to harden for 5 minutes and then paint with a second layer of melted chocolate, concentrating especially around the edges and sides to thicken the shell. Place in the freezer once more until firm, about 5 more minutes. Repeat as needed if there are any thin spots or holes.
- Gently remove the chocolate half-spheres from the molds. Place half of the half-spheres in cupcake cups to hold steady and fill with 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa mix and marshmallows, as well as any additional fillings you’d like to include.
- Microwave a microwave-safe plate for 90 seconds. One at a time, take one of the remaining unfilled half-spheres and gently press and twist on the hot plate to melt and smooth the edges. Place on top of a filled half-sphere to create a whole sphere.
- If any gaps remain, use a butter knife to gently fill cracks and creases with melted chocolate from the hot plate.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate and top with additional mini marshmallows, or decorate as desired.
- To serve, place a hot cocoa bomb in a mug and pour over very hot milk or hot water to melt the bomb. Stir to combine and enjoy!