- 3 small jalapenos*
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, plus more to top
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives, to garnish
- Smoked paprika
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Rub the jalapenos lightly with oil and place on a baking sheet. Place the rack about 4" from the heat source, put the baking sheet in the oven, and heat to a high broil. Broil until the skins have completely browned, about 15 minutes, turning often.
- Wrap the roasted jalapenos in foil and allow them to sit to steam. Gently peel off the skins and remove the stems and seeds. Add the roasted jalapenos, pinto beans, lime juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro, and 3 tablespoons olive oil to the food processor. Process and add salt to taste. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and top with cilantro leaves, sliced black olives, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve with tortilla chips.
With the 3 jalapenos, this dip may be too spicy for some. If you're nervous about the heat level, start off with fewer jalapenos in the food processor and add more if you want more spiciness.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins