- 2 tablespoons butter, for greasing
- 1 large loaf (1 pound) crusty sourdough or French bread
- 12 slices Smithfield Homestyle bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup scallions, chopped, divided, plus more to top
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Layer half of the bread, bacon, scallions, and cheeses in the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if desired. Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread. Top with the remaining bread, cheeses, bacon, and scallions.
- Sprinkle the top generously with everything bagel seasoning and pour over the remaining egg mixture. Bake until the cheese has melted, eggs have cooked through, and top is beginning to brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.*
- Top with additional scallions and serve warm.
* If the bread browns too quickly on top in the first 15 minutes, cover with foil for the remainder of cooking time.