- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1” fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 green onions, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 handfuls leafy greens (bok choy, spinach, kale, or mustard greens)
- 1 lb lo mein noodles or cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large, high walled skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about one minute. Add in the mushrooms, bell peppers, and carrot sticks.
- Once the peppers begin to soften, add in the snow peas, green onions, and leafy greens. Cook until the greens begin to wilt, and add in the lo mein noodles. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the noodles and stir fry until the noodles have absorbed the sauce and the vegetables are all cooked. Serve warm.
To make this recipe vegan-friendly, replace the honey with sugar.