This flavorful marinara sauce doesn’t take all day to make, but has great flavor. Everyone will be asking you for your recipe!
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- In a blender or food processor, blend the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth with a few chunks.
- Add the olive oil to a large, deep-walled skillet over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Then, add in the blended sauce and the wine.
- Lower the heat to simmer and let cook for an hour, stirring occasionally.