- 6 fresh poblano chiles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 6 to 7 jumbo flour tortillas, cut into ~50 rounds using a circular biscuit or cookie cutter
- Place the poblanos, two at a time, directly over the gas flame on the stove or under the broiler, turning occasionally, until blackened all over. Transfer the charred poblanos to a plastic bag. Seal and let steam for about 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers have steamed and begun to cool, peel the black skins off of the chiles. Remove the stem and seeds, and then cut the chiles into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Once hot, add in the onions and saute until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add the poblano strips to the onion mixture and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and cream cheese cook until melted and well-combined. Mix in the Monterrey jack cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a separate large skillet over medium heat. Spoon about a tablespoon's worth of filling in the center of each tortilla round and fold the tortilla over to form a half circle. Once the oil is hot place the quesadillas, in batches, into the skillet. Brown on one side, flip, and brown on the other. Remove the quesadillas from the skillet and set aside to cool on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue until all of the quesadillas are golden.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool to room temperature, then place the quesadillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them for 1-2 hours, until frozen. Transfer the quesadillas to a freezer safe bag. To reheat, bake the frozen mini quesadillas in a 350°F oven until warmed through, about 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 mins