For the No-Bake Oreo Crust:
- 25 mint oreos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 2 packets (2 1/2 teaspoons each) unflavored gelatin powder
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature*
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1–2 teaspoons mint extract
- Green food coloring, as needed, optional
- Stabilized whipped cream, andes mints, and fresh mint leaves, to garnish, optional
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the oreos to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and continue to process until moist and well-combined.
- Dump the oreo crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Press the crumbs smoothly and evenly into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over 6 tablespoons of cold water. Allow to sit until dissolved and re-solidified. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until liquidy.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, granulated sugar, and gelatin mixture and mix until smooth. Pour about half of the batter into a separate bowl.
- Add the dark cocoa powder to one of the bowls and whisk until well-combined and dark brown. Add the mint extract and green food coloring, as needed, to the other bowl and whisk until well-combined and light green.
- Use an ice cream scoop to dollop scoopfuls of the batter in the center of the oreo crust, alternating between brown and green. Use a knife, skewer, or toothpick to drag through the rings and create designs in the very top of the cheesecake, if desired.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours, then garnish with whipped cream, andes mints and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
It’s very important that the cream cheese isn’t cold, or it will cause clumping. If your mixture does clump, don’t worry. Microwave the mixture briefly until just slightly warm (not hot!) and then continue to mix. The clumps will liquify!