- 10 ounces ripe Camembert cheese, rind removed and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, plus more to top
- 1/4 cup German wheat beer
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Chopped chives, to top
- Pretzels, radishes, and/or rye bread, to serve
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the Camembert, cream cheese, and butter together until well-combined.
- Mix in salt, pepper, paprika, and up to 1/4 cup of the beer, until you reach your desired consistency. The mixture should be easily spreadable but not overly wet or runny. Stir in the chopped onion.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, let the Obatzda sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve at room temperature with pretzels, rye bread, and/or radishes.