- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped, oil reserved
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 box (1 pound) pasta of choice
- 4 cups water or broth, plus more as needed
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Kosher salt
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, smoked paprika, oregano, and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring often, until the tomato paste is evenly distributed and beginning to darken, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the dry pasta and toss with the flavored oil. Cover with the water or broth, adding slightly more if necessary to ensure that the pasta is submerged. Boil until the pasta is al dente and the water is mostly absorbed, about 8-10 minutes.
- Mix in the hummus until the sauce is creamy and smooth, then add lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped basil, and salt, to taste. Serve warm and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins