I’ve apologized once before for keeping a recipe from you for a week.
I don’t even know how to properly apologize for this one– I’ve been keeping this from you for months now.
Of all things to keep from you, why Pasta Greco? I have no idea. This is my go-to recipe. It is so delicious, and honestly the easiest recipe I can imagine. I have taught dozens of people how to put this together, and I have had even more request it. Every time I make it, I hear the same thing– “This is the best pasta dish ever.” And it is. It truly is.
So why haven’t I posted it yet? Your guess is as good as mine. I think I forgot I had even photographed it.
I don’t know if there is another name for this dish already. There might be. I have always called it Pasta Greco, seeing as the inspiration came from a pasta dish with the same name from a local Italian restaurant. Granted, I’ve tinkered with it so much that it’s really not the same, but the Greek influence is definitely there– even more-so than it ever was in the original. Salty feta cheese, smoky sweet roasted red peppers, ripe black olives, tangy capers, sauteed spinach, and heaps of garlic– if that doesn’t spell out Greek-inspired to you, I don’t know what does.
To me, it also spells out perfection. Flavorful, easy-to-make, perfection.
This Greek-inspired pasta is loaded up with spinach, feta, roasted red peppers, capers, black olives, and garlic. It’s easy to make, and it’s a real crowd-pleaser!
- 1 lb whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 package baby spinach
- 4 roasted red peppers, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 (2.25 oz) can of sliced black olives
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water to boil in a large pot to accommodate the pasta. Add salt to the water and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, high-walled pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, for about 30 seconds, or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add in the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt. Then add the olives, feta, capers, and roasted red peppers. Stir the mixture together.
- Add in the cooked pasta, a bit at a time, stirring to combine with the existing mixture.
- Heat until pasta is warmed through and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins