This Greek-inspired pasta is loaded up with spinach, feta, roasted red peppers, capers, black olives, and garlic. It’s easy to make, and it’s a real crowd-pleaser!
- 1 lb whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 package baby spinach
- 4 roasted red peppers, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 (2.25 oz) can of sliced black olives
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water to boil in a large pot to accommodate the pasta. Add salt to the water and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, high-walled pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, for about 30 seconds, or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add in the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt. Then add the olives, feta, capers, and roasted red peppers. Stir the mixture together.
- Add in the cooked pasta, a bit at a time, stirring to combine with the existing mixture.
- Heat until pasta is warmed through and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.