- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 5 red Thai chiles, stemmed, plus more to taste
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 5 large garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour, or metal skewers
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- Greens, to serve
- Cilantro, chopped, to top
- Herbed greek yogurt or ranch, to serve, optional
- Place the potato pieces in a microwave-safe dish. Fill the dish 75% high with water. Microwave for 8 minutes or until softened but not fully cooked through. Drain off all of the water.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peppers, onion, garlic, and lemon, and process until paste-like in consistency. Add additional Thai chiles, if desired.
- Add in red wine vinegar and process until well combined.
- Season with oregano, smoked paprika, and kosher salt. With the processor running, slowly stream in olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken and potatoes with just enough to coat and marinate. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 5 hours.
- Heat gas grill to medium high or start a medium hot charcoal grill. Thread the marinated potatoes and chicken onto the skewers.
- Clean and lightly oil the the grill surface. Place the skewers on grill and cook, turning one-quarter turn and brush with additional sauce every 3-4 minutes until cooked through and lightly charred, about 12 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, place the lemons cut side down on the grill.
- Serve the skewers over greens and squeeze over the cut lemon if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with additional piri piri sauce and herbed greek yogurt or ranch, if desired.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 12 mins