- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 12-ounce package cranberries (I prefer fresh, but frozen works fine)
- 2 cups raspberries (again, fresh is best but frozen work well, too!)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, and cranberries. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow the cranberries to pop and the mixture to thicken, continuing to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the raspberries and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to serve.