If you thought you hated brussels sprouts, these will change your mind. Roasted Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pomegranate Seeds are perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or any tasty get-together. You’ll be amazed at how delicious they are!
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (fresh or dried both work fine)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and space out the strips of bacon. Cook until crispy (but not burnt), about 15 minutes. Remove the bacon from the oven and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess grease. Pour the bacon grease from the baking sheet into a bowl and reserve.
- Discard the old foil lining and re-line the baking sheet with new foil (this prevents any burning of bacon fat that has stuck to the original foil.) Place the brussels sprouts on the pan and pour over the bacon fat and olive oil. Toss to coat, and then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast the brussels sprouts for 15 minutes, turning and stirring halfway through to ensure that they’re evenly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the honey and balsamic vinegar. Crumble the bacon and add it in with the sprouts, tossing again to combine. Continue to roast for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss in the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side