- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound uncooked hot dogs, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup milk, plus more to thin, if necessary
- 2 jalapenos, sliced, to top
- 2 sprigs green onion, sliced, to top
- Potato chips or tortilla chips, to serve
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, breaking apart any chunks with your . When the beef is nearly browned, add in the onion and garlic. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is completely browned and the onion has softened.
- Drain off any excess grease and transfer the beef mixture to a slow cooker. Add the hot dogs, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, tomato paste, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, cumin, salt and pepper, and milk. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Stir and thin with additional milk, if necessary. Top with jalapeno slices and green onion, and set the slow cooker to warm. Serve with chips, for dipping.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours